About postnatal massage
Massage is a wonderful way to nurture a new mum. It can help to ease aches and pains and relieve the tension and tiredness that is inevitable when you have a new baby. The stress from pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and the marathon that is caring for your newborn deserves some relief.
Postnatal massage can begin as soon as a mother is ready. I understand things like sore leaky boobs and can work with you in a way that is going to keep you comfortable and relaxed throughout your massage. If you have had a caesarean, it’s a good idea to wait for at least 2 weeks after delivery or when the incision is healed a bit before getting a massage.
Here are some of the benefits of postnatal massage:
- Provides relaxation
- Relieves tension on the shoulders and neck from carrying your baby
- Relieves the tension you get from marathon breastfeeding sessions
- Helps to realign the muscles back to their pre-pregnancy state
- Helps restore the uterus to its original size
- Eliminates excess body fluids and reduces fluid retention
- Tones the skin. I can’t get rid of stretch marks but I can help them heal more quickly and reduce the severity of them
- Allows you the chance to take some time to nurture yourself. This is important when you are caring for a tiny baby around the clock and adjusting to the demands of motherhood and all the changes this brings.
There is no need to leave your home or organise babysitting, I will bring everything we need for a comfortable and professional massage in your own home.
1 hour postnatal massage: $95
11/2 hour postnatal massage: $140
Gift vouchers available
Call or message me on 0488846672 to arrange a gift voucher