Natural Transition offers breastfeeding troubleshooting and support with an experienced International Board Certified (IBCLC) Lactation Consultant.
What does a lactation consultant do?
- Assist expectant parents to prepare for breastfeeding. This is especially important for mothers that have had previous difficulty breastfeeding, those that have had breast surgery, those with PCOS and those that are planning a cesarean birth.
- Assess breastfeeding problems.
- Work with mothers to create a breastfeeding management plan.
- Provide continued support to assist mothers to reach their breastfeeding goals.
What can a lactation consultant help with?
- Insufficient milk supply
- Latch issues
- Painful breastfeeding
- Blocked ducts
- Poor infant growth
- Unsettled, unhappy babies and their tired, stressed mums.
What is a lactation consultant?
An International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) is a healthcare professional who specialises in the clinical management of breastfeeding an expert in infant nutrition. This certification requires extensive experience working with breastfeeding mothers, rigorous lactation specific education and a passing a demanding certification exam. I completed my IBCLC certification in 2016.
If you’re a mum struggling with breastfeeding, I’m here to help. As a lactation consultant (IBCLC), I can provide effective breastfeeding support and education both before and after your baby is born. Every mum and baby is different and individualised help is often needed to help work through problems.
In your home or online
I can come and see you at your home if you are in or around Hornsby, NSW.
If you’re out of area, I can see you in my virtual clinic using the reliable and secure Zoom for Telehealth service – You only need an internet connection and a webcam. This is low bandwidth, it won’t chew up your data allowance and you will receive a recording of our session along with your individualised management plan.
- Initial consultation: $180 (Approximately 90 mins- Includes individualised management plan and 2x short phone follow up)
- Follow up consultations: $90 per hour
*Private health insurance rebates may be available. This depends on your health funds rules regarding home visits and your level of cover.